Coronavirus (COVID19) Information
The Coronavirus (COVID19) Pandemic has been a public health emergency in 2020 and into 2021. The City of Lewiston consistently engages with the Maine Center for Disease Control (CDC), communicates with public health leaders, and actively takes safety measures. This page is regularly updated with evolving news and information. Social distancing, masking, and handwashing are critical towards stopping the transmission of COVID19.
Lewiston City Hall is open from 8:30 - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday; please use the Park Street entrance. Safety precautions are being taken due to COVID19, and masking is necessary when entering the building.
1/25/21 Update from the Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicle: The regular deadlines and requirements for renewals of Bureau of Motor Vehicles issued licenses, State IDs, and other credentials have been reinstated. Those that expired during the state of civil emergency must now be renewed. Mainers can renew their credentials by visiting any Bureau of Motor Vehicles office during business hours, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, or online by clicking here. Bureau of Motor Vehicle
If You Prefer, You Can Still Do City Business from a Distance:
- Do City Business Online
- Postal Mail: 27 Pine Street, Lewiston, ME 04240
- E-mail: Staff Directory
- Telephone: (207) 513-3000
- Drop-Box on Park Street Side of City Hall: Water bills, tax payments, etc.
- FAX Machine: (207) 784-2959
Municipal Closures & Schedule Changes
- Lewiston Public Library - Open by Appointment for Computer Use & Children's Room
http://lplonline.org/lpl-by-appointment/ You may also call 513-3133.
- Library Curbside Pick-up Continues: http://lplonline.org/lpltogo/
- Lewiston Recreation & Seniors Programs - Closed Until Further Notice - Recreation Does Have Virtual Offerings
NOTE: Two Lewiston Recreational Facilities are Now Re-opened! The Franklin Pasture Tennis/Pickle Ball Courts adjacent to Lewiston High School and the Kennedy Park Skate Park are now open! The City recommends that the tennis/pickle ball matches be singles only and that CDC social distancing practices be maintained in the skate park.
- Lewiston Public Schools - Closed
- Lewiston Oak Street Bus Station, 111 Bates Street - Closed (Bus Service Still Operating)
- LA CA$H - Closed for Tax Season
- What To Do If You Are Sick & Believe You May Be Infected?
- Maine CDC Health Alert Advisories
- How Does It Spread & High-Risk Geographic Areas
- How to Prepare Your Household
- Tri-County Mental Health Services - Mental Health/Substance Concerns - 1-888-304-4673
- State Crisis Hotline - 1-888-568-1112
What Can You Do to Protect Yourself?
- Watch for symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, and sometimes a sore throat.
- Practice social distancing, to include no social gatherings, no handshakes, no close contact
- Remain 6 feet apart from someone you come in contact with
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (60% alcohol content)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home while you’re sick
- Wipe shopping cart handles before use
- Evaluate plane travel
Thank you to the Maine CDC for the wealth of information it has provided.