Guidelines for Garage Sales
Garage sales are sales of personal property on residential premises.
The fee for a garage sale permit is $10.
- There is a fine of up to $1,000 for not obtaining a proper permit.
- In the event that the sale needs to be rescheduled due to circumstances beyond your control please contact this office as soon as possible at 207-513-3124.
- The garage sale cannot be longer than three consecutive days.
- No more than three permits are allowed per household in any one calendar year.
- No rain dates are allowed after the start of sale.
- One sign is allowed, not more than four square feet in size, on the premises where the sale is being held.
- The posting of signs on telephone poles, posts, trees, and in the street right of way is prohibited.