Responsibilities & Services
The Assessor’s Department is responsible for the assessment and listing of all taxable property within Lewiston. The following information may be obtained at the assessor’s office.
NOTICE: City Hall is open to the public. However for your convenience, you can mail, scan and email, or fax Exemption Forms, and Personal Property Forms rather than dropping them off at City Hall. Forms can be mailed to Lewiston Assessing Department, 27 Pine Street, Lewiston, ME 04240.
- Exemption Forms can be scanned and emailed to Assessors@Lewistonmaine.gov.
- Personal Property Forms can be scanned and emailed to PersonalProperty@lewistonmaine.gov.
- Forms can be faxed to (207) 784-2959.
If you need assistance please call (207) 513-3122 or email one of the email addresses listed above. Finally, we can meet by appointment at City Hall, but please be advised we’re trying to limit meeting in person at this time.
Tax Rate for 2021-2022 is $28.26 Per $1,000.
- Property tax records (also available in office)
Property deeds (recordings after 1970) (available in office)
- Real Estate and Personal Property Tax Bills
- Property tax maps
- Blind exemption form
- Homestead Exemption Application Form
- Veterans exemption form
- Widow of a veteran exemption form
- Top Ten Taxpayers
- Lewiston Taxable Valuation