Public Health and Lead Info.
The LAPHC meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 3:30 p.m. at Lewiston City Hall, 27 Pine Street, Lewiston, Maine. Agendas and Minutes
Public Health Committee Membership
CHAIR - Vicky Wiegman - Lewiston Public Schools
VICE CHAIR - William Wallace - Bates College
Stephanie Gelinas - Lewiston City Councilor
Elizabeth Keene, St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center
Lynsay Henry, Androscoggin Home Health
Corrie Brown, Healthy Androscoggin
John Alexander, MD, Central Maine Healthcare
Shanna Breton, Poise Yoga & Food Sanctuary
Megan Parks, School Committee Chair
Community Relations Coordinator
Email Dottie Perham-Whittier
Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Email Melissa Hue
"In Times of Need" Helpful Links & Phone Numbers
Always Call 9-1-1 In Times of Emergency
- Veterans Crisis Line — Veterans or their family and friends can reach the line by calling 1-800-273-8255 and pressing 1, by texting to 838255, or by chatting online at www.veteranscrisisline.net/get-help/chat.
- Maine FrontLine WarmLine — Front line workers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, including first responders, health care workers and teachers, can call (207) 221-8196 or text 898-211 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline — Call 800-273-8255 (press 1 for the Veteran Crisis Line)
- Maine Crisis Hotline — Text or call 888-568-1112
- Crisis Text Line — Text HOME to 741-741
- NAMI Maine helpline —The NAMI Maine Helpline is a mental health resource and referral line for peers, family members, friends, and professionals. Call 800-464-5767, press 1. Available 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Maine teen text line — Text (207) 515 - 8398, open noon-10 p.m., 7 days a week.